Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax is the new age waterless car wash technique
This product is like God-sent especially when you live in an apartment or in a city where local laws prevent your from washing your car in your residence. Believe it or not you can wash and wax a large sedan in less than 32 oz (1 litre) of water and the best part is that this product uses water soluble and biodegradable chemicals making it 100% environmentally friendly.
Practical uses of Optimum No Rinse Waterless Car Wash
This is a multipurpose cleaner and can be used on almost all surfaces of the car, including wheels, rims, bumper, floor mats, dashboard, plastic parts etc. I have to admit, in-spite of reading several positive reviews, I was skeptical about this product. However now that I have been using this for the last six months, all I can say is that this product is not only Convenient, Eco-friendly and Easy to Use but also does a great job of Cleaning and Waxing your car.
Many people use this product the traditional way, which is dissolving 1oz of this product in 2 gallon of water and then washing the car using a mit or a sponge. I prefer using multiple microfiber towels in the below described process over a sponge or a mit because no matter how much you wash the sponge/mit between cycles, it will still have residual dirt which can easily scratch the clear coat on your car.
Here is what you will need for the waterless car wash
- Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax
- One Small Bucket, just use any old bucket at home.
- 5-8 Zwipes Microfiber Towels (size: 12×16). I am currently using HDX microfiber towels from Home Depot which are size 18×18, however the Zwipes microfiber towels on Amazon are of better quality.
- One Spray-bottle (size: 160z/32oz)
- Playtex Rubber Gloves; This is optional, but recommended to maintain your hands. I am using the Playtex HandSaver Gloves, they are reasonably priced and durable. The ones in this picture have already lasted six months.
Here is the waterless car wash regime I recommend
- Add a cap full of Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax to 750ml of water, next dip 5-8 microfiber towels in the solution. Use larger microfiber towels (preferably 18×18), so that way you have more surface area with the towels.
- Fold the microfiber towels twice so that you have a 9×9 piece. This way a single microfiber towel will yield the capacity of 8 smaller towels, making it much more effective.
- Work on one car body section at a time, gently use the microfiber towels to lift the dirt of that section.
- Allow this product to naturally dry.
- For excessive dirty surfaces, especially during during Monsoon and Winter I recommend an additional FIRST STEP. Using a spray bottle filled with the solution, spray your vehicle to break down any large dirt that has accumulated, especially on the alloy wheels, doors and wheel flares.
- I clean my car every weekend, and with this regime it takes me 30-40 minutes to clean my midsize sedan including exterior, running board, interior floor mats, boot and engine bay.
- Eco friendly alternative to wash your car – Consumes next to nil water and the product is environmentally friendly. All chemicals used in this product are water soluble, biodegradable, and meets all water usage laws.
- Saves Time – Wash your sedan in less than 30 minutes
- Wash and Wax – This will not only clean your car but will also polish/wax it. This product includes Carnuba wax which will give your car a very slick look.
- Saves Money – A car wash at your local garage will cost you $8-15, this product will pay for itself several times over. If you wash your car every weekend then the 32 oz bottle will easily last for an year.
- No drying/No Chamois – Once applied on the car, you just allow it to dry naturally.
- Multipurpose – This product is so convenient and versatile that I end up cleaning the floor mats, engine bay and dirty alloy wheels and tires with the solution. You just need more microfiber towels.
- Quick Detailer and Clay Bar Lube – It can also be used as detailing lubricant while using the Clay Bar to dislodge surface contaminants.
- One of the concern that I had was that the bottle itself is not sealed. It has not been a problem for me, but yes I would prefer if the bottle is factory sealed.
- During Monsoon and Winter, when you car gets extremely dirty you will need to visit a service station to have your car shampooed and pressure washed.
You may have noticed that they also have a Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine (blue bottle), the main difference is that the Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax (green bottle) comes with additional Carnuba Wax. So you car will get a better and slick finish with every wash.
Ordering Optimum Waterless Car Wash in India
Optimum has recently opened an office in Bangalore, India. So you can place an order by directly getting in touch with company.
We would like to hear from you, let us know what you think?